Kronozio support all flatbed scanners that have a Twain 32 bits driver for Windows.
But, Kronozio support only those autofeeder scanners:
- Fujistu fi-6130z
- Fujitsu fi-7160
- Fujitsu fi-7180
- Epson DS-510
- Epson DS-560
- (NEW) Epson ES-400
Why aren't we supporting more autofeeders?
Simple: Autofeeders are using non-standard Twain commands to operate. Furthermore, those twains commands are mostly undocumented.
To support an autofeeder scanner we have to:
- Purchase it (they are much more expensive than flatbeds).
- Test the scanners to assess their performances and verify it is able to crop many types of cards.
- Reverse engineer the non-standard and undocumented commands to integrate them in our software.
Those tasks costs a lot of time and money, much more than the cost of a fujitsu fi-7160 !
Ok, you already invested in your autofeedeer scanner and you got it to work with another sotware (lucky you) that creates nice font and back images.
What can you do? Easy: you can use our Photo import module. Scan at 300 dpi and save in .jpg then import. see: Import module
We recommend Fujitsu fi-7160
The reason is that it is the best scanner we support. If you intend to scan a lot of cards it is worth the money.
The other auto feeder scanners we support are:
- Fujitsu fi-6130z (discontinued but can be found used, does not add a border arround cards. Some users have the fi-6130 without the "z" but it seems to have problems cropping cards correctly.)
- Epson DS-510 and DS-560 The Epson DS-510 cost the one third of the fi-7160. However the money you save will be lost fighting with the scanner: It is less good to grab cards, It is less good to crop cards, It will create some stretched images.
However, it is still faster than a flatbed. If you are not sure you want to process dozens of thousands cards then it is a good choice.
Good: DS-510, DS-560